Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No it All.


"I'll make you feel better than you've ever, I guarantee you'll tell that other man you need to get lost ..." It's your cell phone, and it's him. Yes - HIM.

Don't pick it up. Just let it ring. Or forward it to your voicemail. Whatever you do - DO NOT PICK UP.

"Hello?"

FML.

"Hey beautiful."

FML. And about 3 minutes into the conversation you think it again ...

"Are you free Friday night?"

FML. Tell him you have to walk your turtle. Tell him you have to wash your hair. Tell him you have a meeting with Charlie Sheen. Tell him you're building an airplane. Tell him anything BUT yes.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Wanna watch a movie?"

JUST SAY NO. HERE, SAY IT WITH ME - NO.

"Sure."

Good fucking God woman! You know how easy it is to say the word "No"? You have more trouble breathing sometimes. I'm shaking my head in disappointment at you right now. Can you see me, can you? I hope not. Because then you'd also see me replying back to a text I'd probably have been better off just ignoring. Don't worry, I may not approve of your bitchassness, but I definitely understand.

So why do we do do what we do when we do what we do? The only answer I can come up with is - because we can. Until one day, we simply can't anymore.

In our lifetime we'll say we won't but will anyway at least a handful of times, and dont's will turn into "Fuck, what did I just do's?!" more than we'd like them too. You get fooled once and shame the other person, you get fooled twice and shame yourself. And then you get fooled the 11th time and just feel like a fucking fool. It's a vicious cycle or like the homie Crash said, "It's like an out of body experience." 'Cuz far too many times has he said no to buying a pair of kicks ... as he was handing over his ATM card to the cashier.

Perhaps old habits die hard. Perhaps it's so hard to say no because we don't see the immediate repercussions of saying yes and only learn the hard way. While it's an obvious lack of self-control, I also think it's a subtle abundance of a bunch of other things - (i hate to say this but in some cases) boredom being one of them.

I really don't know. It's just one of those things I have no explanation for or enlightening moral of the story to. But if you have an answer, promise you'll tell me? Don't worry, it's ok to say yes this time.

3 comments:

Dexter said...

"- because we can. Until one day, we simply can't anymore."

Well put. Sometimes it's not that we don't know what were in for, we simply just have a little bit more "give" left.

Mouf.Peace said...

ooh, does that mean i answered my own question? lol. btw, i have a drafted blog about katerina grahm. she's like, fucking GORGEOUS!

Se7en said...

Katerina Graham looks too much like my mother (they even share the same name).

That said... Vampire Diaries is a show I never miss. Cannot wait until April.

Regarding the topic?

Hmmm. I shall come back to it.