Saturday, March 19, 2011

Body Rock

First Saturday morning in a while where I just laid in bed and did absolutely nothing for at least an hour. It was long overdue and definitely necessary. Had a long week at work, and a few "moments" here and there, but nothing that couldn't be cured with a night out with lovely ladies, sushi, Merlot, and a front row seat at the Dwele concert. "Life may not be the party I hoped for but while I'm here, I might as well dance," right?

At first I was upset he only did a short snippet of Open Your Eyes, but that was probably a blessing in disguise 'cuz I could've easily been THAT girl crying into her wine front row and center. Instead I reminisced to "Find A Way," resurrected the thizz-face for 30 seconds when the band covered Too Short's Blow The Whistle, sang along to regulators in tribute to Nate Dogg, and got up and danced to Body Rock (Which in case you haven't heard the song yet, you definitely should below. Some feel good music for that ass when you're about to go out).
And yes, there was a segment during the show when the self-proclaimed King of Pick-Up lines, Dwele, threw some lines at the girls up front. I was lucky enough to be the last one, with the best line if I do say so myself lol.

Dwele: Do you know what material this is?
Abi: No, what is it?
Dwele: BOYFRIEND MATERIAL.

Yeah, I would've totally fell for that lmao. Good lookin Marla! Anyway, time to finally start off this Saturday. Brunch with Kris, then the gym, clean, write, then work tonight! Have an amazing rest of the weekend everyone!

No comments: