Friday, April 30, 2010

Inspiration

A question I get emailed a lot is, "Where do you find your inspiration to write?" And the answer is quite simple: EVERYWHERE.

A conversation I overheard on the train. A movie I just watched. A song I just heard. A picture I saw. A text message I received. Or even something I ate. The back of an Odwalla bottle. They're from years ago, yesterday, today, and sometimes even tomorrow. My posts stem from my experiences, my friends experiences, my friends, friends experiences, Sandra Bullocks and Jesse James' experiences - even YOUR experiences.

They're stories about love. About pain. About education. About sex. About life. About death. About anger. About happiness. About tragedy. About yoga. About baseball. About gorgeous men and beautiful women. About food. And sometimes, about absolutely nothing at all.

With all the shit that goes on in the world on a day to day basis, I wonder how I ever get writers block. 'Cuz you see, even not having something to write about is a story on its own.

Inspiration is EVERYWHERE. At times it's complex and other times it's as simple as receiving an email and replying to it.

No comments: