Monday, January 25, 2010

5 Reasons to do Yoga

Last night, me and some of the girls attended a Bikram Yoga class in Burlingame. I was unaware until 3 hours prior that when they say "sweaty yoga," they really mean SWEATY fucking YOGA.

I was under the impression that u get sweaty 'cuz u get a good workout. But no no no little girl, it's cuz ur bending and twisting in a class room of 30+ other people in 104ยบ heat. I can't even last 5 minutes in a sauna. I was so sure I'd pass out or give up, so sure that I laid right next to Q in front of the exit door lol.

Buuut, not only did I stay the entire hour and a half (do u know how hard it is to do an hour and a half of ANYTHING non-stop?) but we all stayed! Aaand I did every single pose! Yaaaaah buddy. Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself. I feel great and if I lived closer to Being Yoga, I'd be there every week. I'm not turning into a "yogi" or anything, but if ur interested in improving ur lifestyle body and soul, I would definitely suggest trying yoga for the following reasons:

  1. It's an excellent but healthy way to push ur body. When u spend that much time stretching and testing out muscles u never knew existed, u get to know urself pretty well.
  2. Bragging rights! Bikram yoga isn't all peace, serenity, and granola. That shit is INTENSE. I would be sexist and make fun of the dudes in the class for being seemingly "gay" if they weren't all better than me.
  3. You sweat it the fuck out and is a guaranteed way to shed some weight, albeit it just a few pounds of water weight. Seriously, I left that place looking as if I participated in a wet t-shirt contest (nts: do not wear a white bra under a white tank for ur next session). I have never sweat so much in my entire life.
  4. Yoga cleanses ur body, physically and mentally. After the initial "ew, sweat just got in my eye and stings/ew, sweat just got in my mouth and its salty" u feel AMAZING. My skin feels great, and my body feels toxin free. And without sounding like a total hippie, the breathing exercises and minutes of silence and meditation freed my mind momentarily of unecessary stress.
  5. A BETTER SEX LIFE. Um helloooo. Ur posing in weird ass positions for a minute at a time in sweaty conditions, building your stamina, agility, and flexibility. Good God my next boyfriend is gonna GIT IT.

4 comments:

Kweenie Weenie said...

Can't believe we survived. *HIGH FIVE!* Lol

First Lady of MADE said...

i love bikram! i've been doing it for 5 years now. and it's super addicting. bootie bumps and high fives to you ladies for surviving your first class!

c h a said...

Wow, where is this in Burlingame? I've never heard of it, and I live there lol. x]

Oh, and if you could share, what are the fees?

Mouf.Peace said...

yes q and abi - HI FIVE! haha.

cha here's the link, maybe i'll see u there :)

http://beingyoga.net/welcome/welcome.html