I was under the impression that u get sweaty 'cuz u get a good workout. But no no no little girl, it's cuz ur bending and twisting in a class room of 30+ other people in 104º heat. I can't even last 5 minutes in a sauna. I was so sure I'd pass out or give up, so sure that I laid right next to Q in front of the exit door lol.
Buuut, not only did I stay the entire hour and a half (do u know how hard it is to do an hour and a half of ANYTHING non-stop?) but we all stayed! Aaand I did every single pose! Yaaaaah buddy. Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself. I feel great and if I lived closer to Being Yoga, I'd be there every week. I'm not turning into a "yogi" or anything, but if ur interested in improving ur lifestyle body and soul, I would definitely suggest trying yoga for the following reasons:
- It's an excellent but healthy way to push ur body. When u spend that much time stretching and testing out muscles u never knew existed, u get to know urself pretty well.
- Bragging rights! Bikram yoga isn't all peace, serenity, and granola. That shit is INTENSE. I would be sexist and make fun of the dudes in the class for being seemingly "gay" if they weren't all better than me.
- You sweat it the fuck out and is a guaranteed way to shed some weight, albeit it just a few pounds of water weight. Seriously, I left that place looking as if I participated in a wet t-shirt contest (nts: do not wear a white bra under a white tank for ur next session). I have never sweat so much in my entire life.
- Yoga cleanses ur body, physically and mentally. After the initial "ew, sweat just got in my eye and stings/ew, sweat just got in my mouth and its salty" u feel AMAZING. My skin feels great, and my body feels toxin free. And without sounding like a total hippie, the breathing exercises and minutes of silence and meditation freed my mind momentarily of unecessary stress.
- A BETTER SEX LIFE. Um helloooo. Ur posing in weird ass positions for a minute at a time in sweaty conditions, building your stamina, agility, and flexibility. Good God my next boyfriend is gonna GIT IT.