Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't Waste the Pretty Pt. 2

I ain't even gonna front. I can be as shallow as a kiddie pool at times. U ain't gotta lie to kick it - looks DO matter. And anyone who begs to differ is either ugly or sellin u some VIP ass wolf tickets.

Fellas, when u see a female sittin at the bar, what possesses u to come outta pocket and buy her a chilled shot of Goose? (Asides from the perv in u hoping she gets tipsy enough to rub her ass all over ur crotch?). And ladies, why'd u just give ur number out to a complete stranger in the middle of the Prive dancefloor knowin damn well u ain't never gonna see him again? Whatever the reason is, I got 5 on it that it wasn't 'cuz of their "beautiful inner personality" shining thru his buff ass arms or creepin through her cleavage. People DON'T PLAY.

Whatever ur preference or definition of "beauty" is: looks still matter. However, they will only get u so far (At least with me anyway). A person's physical appearance is what initially attracts me to them, but it definitely isn't what makes me stay.

While a certain "je ne sais quoi" can contribute to one's appeal, their personality, or rather lack there of, can take away from it as well.

I may notice an "ok" looking dude sit next to me in english lit. but never think anything of him until I look over in the middle of class and notice him sketching out an ill ass portrait of Angelina Jolie. And if there's ONE characteristic that makes me and my girls' heart melt and panties drop - it's humor. It ain't everything, but it really does go a looong way. If a man is constantly putting a smile on my face I'll probably be too busy laughing to notice he's not as tall as I usually like 'em or has slightly crooked teeth (aye I said SLIGHTLY only lol).

On the other hand, "the prettiest people do the ugliest things." I know way too many men who are a waste of dick because they're too into themselves, obnoxious, or plain and simply boring. And no matter how beautiful u are, no real man will take u seriously if ur a female who always sells urself short or can't carry on a conversation for longer than 5 minutes.

But most of all, being beautiful has NO guarantees.

It doesn't guarantee love, or happiness, or success, or prosperity. It doesn't guarantee u'll never get hurt, or left, or abused, or cheated on. No matter how beautiful u are, there will always be someone just as good looking if not better. And u already know ur exes new man/lady can't hold a candle to ur Colgate smile, but s/he's still with them and not u, so in many circumstances looks are irrelevant. Besides, other people can think the world of u, but if u ain't got the right mind set to genuinely agree with them it doesn't matter. So u may wanna hold off before asking God to trade in ur intelligence or talent for an ass u can sit ur cup on or washboard abs.

'Cuz newsflash: people get old ... in more ways than one. So trust me when I say that it ain't gonna be ur sagging Amazon titties or ur NeYo receding hairline that keeps u living comfortably and happily married.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good lookin out ladyy. Everything you said is 100% on point,, you gotta kinda pay attention to details to find the good ones, because you never know what's hiding out there in your english lit class, hah.

Unknown said...

"A person's physical appearance is what initially attracts me to them, but it definitely isn't what makes me stay." aint that the truth!!!!