Monday, June 15, 2009

Make 'em say "Oh"

Like only Ciara can.

I've seen wardrobe swatches like this all around the way-way but never quite figured out how they did it 'cuz I refused to believe that people took the time out to photoshop it. Then, today I finally stumbled across what is apparently my newest addiction - Polyvore.com. Whoever created this website is a genius, GENUIS I SAY! They give aspiring, lazy wardrobe stylist like me a chance to shine or at least pretend they're not sitting at a desk all day m-f 9-5. In case yall don't know - fashion is my first love. Writing's just my mistress.


I would wear this exact outfit EXCEPT for the shoes. Only because I'd look like a midget prostitute from the future in them. Plus, I'm not famous. Ciara, on the other hand could totally get away with it. The inspiration for this outfit was Ciara on a casual date night to dinner and a movie. It's laid back, with a touch of sophistication and gold. Initially, I used all silver jewelry but it looked too predictable and safe - 2 things I'm sure Ciara isn't. Simple earrings to offset the layered necklace and gi-normous broach, and a mint green-ish bra to peekaboo through the grey tank because everyone loves a lil' surprise and splash of color. Our girl seems to love trendy denim and sky-high heels so I'm sure she'd rock this look. Ci-Ci if ur reading - holler at yo' girl!

No comments: