Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Summer,

Today is the last day of summer here in the Bay, and while there really is no such thing as "summer," in San Francisco, I can't help but look out the window and get sad. Like I've mentioned before, I love the month of September. But I hate that it represents summer nearing its end.

But like they say, "Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened."

Battle of the Sexes Taboo at Don Pedro, and drunk walks at midnight to the lagoon. Sunday brunches over endless mimosas with the girls and Bi-Rite immediately after. "Platonic hot dates." Eating guacamole by the pool at my moms house. Random bbqs. Triple Double games. The (insert county here) Fair. Sippin champagne on a yacht in Newport Beach. Screaming at the top of my lungs front row on V2 at Discovery Kingdom. Buzzin right before watching the fireworks at Great America. Every single Giants game I attended. Jumping into the ocean for the very first time in Hawaii. And one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.

I'm going to miss being able to wear just basketball shorts and a beater at night without the heater on. I'm going to miss rushing home from work so I can catch the sunset during my beach run. I'm going to miss wearing a dress to work and eating lunch at Yerba Buena. I'm going to miss open-toe shoes, sleeveless shirts, and wearing sunglasses. I'm going to miss eating outdoors. I'm going to miss those rare occasions where I'll drive home from work with the windows down in 5th gear. I'm going to miss all the outdoor concerts and free events. The positive affirmations on FB and Twitter inspired by the mere fact that the sun is out. And I'm especially gonna miss big chillin.

Maybe we could do it all again next summer? Alright, you think about it.

Love, Me



What was your favorite memory of the summer? What will you miss?

2 comments:

Yesi Jukebox said...

I think my favorite memory this summer was my brother's baby shower and my trip to Florida. I love summer so I always miss it when it goes. Especially because I live in NY and the cold combined with the abundance of dark is depressing to me so I will miss the sunshine and hot sticky weather.

Mouf.Peace said...

aw i haven't been to florida since like 2005! i def need to go back. might go to ny next year :)