Monday, September 28, 2009

Help Typhoon Ketsana Victims

Last night I had a dream that me and some of my friends and family went to a resort in Hawaii on vacation. Surprisingly, my grandpa (Daddy-Jorge) was there with me even though he lives in the Philippines. We were all going down to the beach so that I can try scuba-diving for the very first time. Just as we were about to go 2 huge waves crash and reach over the walls of the resort splashing us all. I hung onto a stair railing and was safe. I do not know how to swim. I became a little hesitant, but I was not deterred. We proceeded to go downstairs towards the beach. My Daddy-Jorge stopped by a small store to get some food and I became irritated. I just wanted to go to the beach already and he was taking his precious time. I told him, "Daddy-Jorge ur taking too long, just meet me at the beach." I woke up right after that.

I haven't seen my grandpa in over 3 years. I haven't seen my grandma and the rest of my nuclear family since I was 14, and was actually planning to head out there next year. Whether or not that dream had significance to todays current events or was just a mere reflection of an internal battle I'm struggling with, all I know is my fucking family BETTER BE OK. If u haven't heard there was a flood in the Philippines and parts of the country received a monsoon month worth of rainfall within 6 hours. I am told that my family doesn't live in the affected areas but I won't feel complete until I hear from one of them directly, and I won't feel right until I've donated. If u feel the same, click hear to donate to typhoon victims in the Philippines. And if u can't, is totally understandable, please spread the word (and the link) instead. A little prayer wouldn't hurt either. U ain't gotta be religious, it's ok I won't tell nobody.

Learn waht you can do to help here.



And my ungrateful ass is over here complaining about having to wear a jacket to work today. DAMN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It puts everything into perspective.

my thoughts go out to your family and my family... and the rest of our people back home

-bern