Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Foodgasm of the Day - Biscuits and Blues

I've heard of the famous Biscuits and Blues restaurant and blues lounge for years now but never went even though I'm in Downtown SF 5 days a week. But then I finally made it out for a birthday party, and now I don't know why it took me so long.

Located at 401 Mason (cross st. is Geary), B&B is a really cute date spot if ur open to listening tot he blues. And even if ur not, u can always go just for dinner and drinks. I will warn u though, 20% gratuity is added to everything - even the drinks u buy at the bar. But if u love soulfood as much as I do, then it's all worth it.

I had the chicken and andouille sausage Jambalaya, and split a Southern sampler that consisted of chicken wings, yam fries, corn and shrimp fritters, and macaroni and cheese croquettes (because just plain old macaroni alone isn't unhealthy enough). The Jambalaya was a very good portion for the $17 I paid for, I ended up having to doggy-bag at least half of it. Spicy, but very flavorful. But the BEST part I swear was the deep fried mac & cheese with the dipping sauce they provided:

KL;AJSLDKFJLAKSDJFLSKJDFLSDF. DL;JASDLFK;J.

That's the best way I can describe the taste. Other entrees that made their way to the table that night were the catfish with sweet mashed potatoes (u have the option of fries too). OMG. Helloooooo, y hasn't this been done before? More importantly, y didn't anyone let me know? Next time I come back, I'm definitely ordering this.


My girl Ness ordered the beef brisket. Shit melted in her mouf.


And then of course, no spot that serves soulfood is complete without some good ol' fried chicken.

The chicken was the only thing I didn't try but by the way everyone devoured theirs, I don't doubt it was delicious. I can't wait to try the rest of the menu! And if the above wasn't enough to make u visit Biscuit and Blues, lemme tell u. They serve their fluffy, warm biscuits with marmalade butter. So good the shit should be illegal.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

been craving for some good soul food, thanks for posting! ;)