Friday, January 28, 2011

On a Good Day.

OK I lied. Here's something rooty tooty fresh and fruity to send yall off into the weekend with. And oldy, but goody. TGIF everyone!

You ask me how I feel, and I can't reply. Not because I have nothing to say, but because there's so much. Too much.

I could say, "good," or even, "great." Sometimes, "happy." I won't even lie, a little "crazy" even.

But mostly, you make me feel like ... like ... the prettiest leaf, on the highest branch, on the tallest tree, in the biggest forest - yes, that high.

Or rather, the shiniest diamond, the loudest star, or the sunniest day during Indian Summer - yes, that bright.

You know how it feels to be able to come home after a long, uncomfortable flight and then take a hot shower and change into your favorite pair of sweats? Yah, that's exactly how it feels when I'm in your arms.

And you know that stage right before, right before, right before, right before you feel like you could love someone? LOL, yup that's me too.

But only because I'd give you the last bite of my black sesame creme brule. The last sip of my vita-coco. The last balsamic sweet onion chip in the bag - yes, that unselfish.

Remember when you heard that after 10 years Sade was finally coming out with another album? I got online, saw a "Listen here" link to Soldier of Love, and held my breath and crossed my fingers while waiting for the single to load. And then - I exhaled a sigh of relief, "The bitch still got it," whew. Well, that's how it feels on date night after not having seen you for weeks.

And when I stick my hand in my pocket and find $5.00 I didn't know existed? When I open a drawer at work to find a candy bar I forgot was there? When I find the perfect pair of shoes AND they have my size AND it's on sale? My face right when I grab that money, right when I take a bite of that chocolate, right when I walk out of that store? No, that's not how big my smile is when I see you at my front door - it's bigger.

More exquisite than "exquisite," more beautiful than "beautiful," faster than any speeding bullet known to mankind, I want to scream how much you mean to me so loud absolutely NOTHING comes out - yes, it's that powerful.

'Cuz on a good day? It's like a mothers love for her children, a creators passion for their art, and waking up from a dream realizing that reality is better - yes, it's that REAL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice