Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mediocrity Killed the Cat

I'm not scared of heights, I want to go skydiving in September. I'm not scared of dogs, I used to kiss my(ex's) pitbull on the forehead. I'm not scared of thunderstorms either, I love dancing in the rain. And although I'm still absolutely terrified of relationships, like Josephine Hart said, "Damaged people are dangerous, they know they can survive".

In fact, my biggest fear by far is simply living a mediocre life.


I believe that every single person on Earth has a special talent. Some have many, some have few, but we ALL have at least one. If you don't think you do, you just haven't discovered it yet. Nevertheless, we are all amazing. The only thing that sets us apart is our ability to recognize, embrace, and utilize this talent. I'm almost there. But almost doesn't count.

If someone showed me my life in a crystal ball, five or shit, even two years from now and I was still sitting behind a desk wasting my life away I would seriously take apart my rubberband ball, create a Chinese jump-rope with it, and then use it to hang myself. I don't think I was born to be famous (I care too much about what people think), and in no way do I even think I'm a role model (I do too many incriminating things lol). But when I read comments and messages like the one above, I do know that I was meant to do more than enter subscription orders and Facebook all day.

So remember, it's not just enough to be able to jump like Mike, or sing like Alicia. Once you find your "thing," you still need to put in work to do the damn thing. Having dreams and living a mediocre life is a crime. But having big dreams and settling for a mediocre life is murder.

p.s. Matthew, shout out to your girl. Tell her thank you for being the inspiration for todays blog ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg i love your blog! i read it everyday too you are so inspiring!!!

eL said...

what's holding you back from taking the jump?

Mouf.Peace said...

anon - thnx love, pls know ur inspiring me too :)

el - girrrrrrl lol. i just don't even know where to begin. sooner than later though.

Maxine said...

LOL I love you Abi! That girl is me! I feel a little embarassed right now. Anyways, you're the bomb diggity and your blog gets me through the day. Thanks!

Mouf.Peace said...

max - lol don't worry, i've BEEN that girl foreverrrr. ur welcome sweetie, glad to help!

Maxine said...

I had just been talking to my boyfriend about this exact subject. :P AND...I'm also the girl who got all giddy when I saw your pic on Matthew's fb. Uhhhhh fangirl!

Mouf.Peace said...

max - ohhh you're THAT girl lol. in that case love u toooo! ;)