Friday, May 22, 2009

Foodgasm of the Day - Lovejoy's Tea Room

My girl Ness first introduced me to this spot on 16th and Church in the city, and I've have tried to make it a monthly routine ever since. I know, I know. I used to be just like you. Laughing in a bad English accent, "Tea and crumpets with the Queen?" Pshhh. And we all know "cucumber sandwhiches wtih the sides cut off," are frowned upon by heffers far and wide. But let me tell u, this ain't ur grandmother's tea party.

The place is a cozy, yet eclectic corner tea house. Complete with mix matched China, vintage wall hangings, and crochet doilies. The waitresses are all very pleasant and very knowledgeable of the teas, food, and what goes good with what. And while it's a rather noisy establishment, cell phones are not allowed so please take ur loud ass outside when ur T-Pain ringtone goes off.

OK, now for the food. OMG. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. While it's no House of Prime Rib, I can honestly say that I've NEVER left this place still hungry - and I CAN GRUB. Me and Ness usually get "High Tea for Two," and I usually end up finishing whatever she leaves behind. This includes, salad, cole slaw, 2 sandwhiches of our choice (each, so 4 in all), 2 scones, sugar cookies, and 2 bottomless pots of tea. My fave combo is bay shrimp and mayo, and either chicken and asparagus or egg and onion with passion fruit tea. And seriously, the "devonshire cream," aka butter from the Gods is so good on top of a warm scone I'm thinking about stealing it next time. Mind u, they also have savory side dishes like sausage rolls, shepards pie, quiches, and puff pastries filled with things like curried chicken.

Lovejoy's Tea Room is the quintessential spot for a bridal/baby shower but any day (especially sunny, warm Sundays!) is a good day for tea!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

just went there yesterday! lol might go again this weekend! =)