Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good Guy, Bad Guy

I find it funny how people always wanna play the victim, when in reality no one ever wants to be an actual victim. These people want the accolades that go along with being the injured party, but really? Nobody sits there and says, "It's a mighty fine morning to get robbed!" or "Man, I hope I get my heartbroken today!" WHO DOES THAT??!!

I'll tell you who. People that refuse to acknowledge the role they played in the situation. People that fail to take responsibility for their actions. These are the same people who may be able to move on from an experience - but never GROW from it.

My girl once wrote that "there are 2 types of people in the world. there are the ones who just don’t know any better. and then there are the ones who do, but do the fucked up thing anyway."

I think about the mistakes I've made in life. *sigh* I wouldn't say that I didn't know any better, but I definitely didn't do the "fucked up thing anyway." I believe I did what was best at the time. Now that I look back, I see where I could've done better. Been more kinder. More considerate. Less stubborn and more appreciative. But the only reason I'm able to recognize this now, is because I more than willingly owned up to my mistakes.

Real victims don't sensationalize situations to gain a team, they simply reiterate facts. And real victims don't fabricate stories just to lighten the guilt in their own heart. Because real victims DON'T WANT TO BE FUCKING VICTIMS! And when it really comes down to it, it doesn't matter who's the good guy or the bad guy anyway. 'Cuz nobody wants to be the "bad guy" either.

But if doing what was best for the both of us at the time made me the bad guy? Then so be it. At least I know I was fighting the good fight.

No comments: