Thursday, October 8, 2009

When Worse Comes to Worst, My People Come First

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, WHETHER IT BE BY MOUTH, BY RE-BLOGGING, ON FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE, VIA AIM, OR EMAIL. THIS IS THE ONE TIME I ENCOURAGE U TO BITE MY SHIT LOL!I've received so many comments and emails from complete strangers and friends alike, telling me how much my blog has helped them in one way or another. (I smile and my heart goes "awww" everytime I read one I swear). Being an avid reader myself, I know how much of an impact the perfect anecdote or phrase or one-liner can have on a person so even though I ain't famous or rich (yet! haha) from writing, it really is an honor to hear from you readers.

But now, I'm asking you to help me.

The flier above is promoting a fundraiser me, my girl Rach, and Boogie Events is throwing on Sat. October 17th at 111 Minna in SF from 7-10pm. Come through and eat delicious food, get ur nails did, or shop vintage digs, and get a chance to cop the creme de la creme of streetwear for just $2! Basically, do all the shit u'd probably be doing on a Saturday night anyway - except do it knowing that you will not be the only one benefitting from it. All donations, all raffle proceeds, all food sales, and a portion of the individual vendors profit will go towards the flood victims of Typhoon Ketsana. "Because if it wasn't for your parents struggle it would be YOU on that rooftop"

And when I say fundraiser, I mean FUNdraiser. Here is just a taste of what the evening has to offer:

Vendor Services:
Stephs Closet providing discount, unique vintage clothing
MJ's Skin Mechanix, providing waxing and lash extensions
A. Sade, for them funky, fresh nail designs
Ladybird SF, with beautiful handmade jewelry
And more!

Food by:
Dashanhairolla - LUMPIA CART FOLKS. That's RIDICULOUS yall know u aint gotta be Filipino to love lumpia!
Mercury Lounge
Le Colonial
Sweet Dreams Bakery
Ihaw Ihaw
Anthony's Cookies

Raffle prizes by:
Hellz Bellz
WTForks?!
Homeroom
IMPRM
Adapt Clothing
Dimepiece Designs
Goorin
Fatlace
Sedusa Studios
FTCC
Jackson Arms
My Raw Fitness
Ruel's Fitness Training
Bella Nirvana
The W Hotel
SF-OG
And more!

Special thanks to ABS-CBN and Distortion 2 Static
With a special pre-party performance by the beautiful, and talented members of Nemenzo.

So folks if you're anywhere near SF please come through, say hi, have fun, and get fat all for a good cause. And if u can't - tell someone who can. And tell them to tell someone. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Wait, wait, $2 streetwear meaning hellz bellz & dimepiece duds?! You lie!

I just had to be on the eastcoast =(

Anonymous said...

Is it for all ages? Cause if so im soo going if not im gonna sneak my ass in lol