Friday, October 9, 2009

Open Your Eyes

A few weeks ago I received a "Dear Abi" email from a 16 year old girl named ... well let's call her Jamie. I started tearing up as I read her email because I had the exact same mind state only a year ago. Usually after responding to an email I feel good about it, but not this time. I felt like I had failed her in some way. I knew what she was going through. I felt that pain before. And that's why I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it go away. So I did the best I could to just let her know she wasn't alone and that she'll get better ... 'cuz I did too. What I forgot to tell her though, was to listen to this song. It helped me a lot when I didn't want to move on or open up my heart again and let go of the past. I was just reminded of it when my Hayati showed me a cover of it, but for now I'll let you guys listen to the original. It's called "Open Your Eyes," by Dwele I believe. The first few lines always speak to me. Enjoy.

"I see you in a lonely place,
How could you be so blind
You're still regretting the love you left,
Left behind
I see you go through your changes,
Sitting alone each night
How you expecting to find a love, a love that's right?
Well darling open your eyes ..."

No comments: