Friday, July 9, 2010

Internuts

On July 8th, the internet went nuts. Twitter was over capacity. Facebook status updates occurred every 45 seconds. Websites crashed. And I was personally, in disarray. Why?

Because "The Lebron James" show made it to prime time. I'm sad he didn't put on for his city but maaan basketball fans are about to feel the HEAT lol.

Because we're paying "David fucking Lee," (who I never even heard of for shame) $80 mil for Randolph, Turiaf, and Azubuike. NOT THE BOO BEAR BUIKE?! Nooo! I so sad. So sad. Officially in mourning.


Because Virgin America had flights for only $39 if purchased by 5pm but everytime I went on the site it was down. Where was I planning to go? I dunno. When? Who cares? With who? Doesn't matter, tickets were only $39! lakjkfjskdjflskdfsdf.
Lastly, because at 4pm they announced the verdict of the Mehserle trial. I got off work, took the elevator down to the first floor, and then made the sign of the cross as I exited the building. I am not a religious person. But at that moment, I prayed for the memory of Oscar Grant. For the well-being of his daughter. For peace of mind for his mother. I prayed for the soul of Johannes Mehserle. For the lives of my friends who were strapping on their riot gear - because to say EVERY cop is a pig, would be saying every youth of color is a criminal. I prayed for the safety of Bay Area residents caught in the crossfire. But most of all, I prayed for the fate of the human race. "An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." Chill out folks.


Have a good weekend everyone. Please love each other and most of all yourselves.

No comments: