Monday, December 27, 2010

Foodgasm of the Day - The Underdog

The Mission district in San Francisco is renowned for their plethora of taquerias, and authentic Mexican food. And while I can attest to this, especially those long nights after the club when you need something greasy to soak up all that alcohol - it's a strike for me when I just wanna chill or grab a bite to eat. Which is why I can't go wrong with The Taco Shop @ Underdogs located on 19th and Irving.

I remember going for the first time back in '08 to watch the Celtics take it from the Lakers, but it wasn't until the Giants' post-season that I officially made it my second home. Asides from the friendly staff, laid back atmosphere, and AWESOME patrons that make you feel like you're sitting bleachers at a ball game, their food is to fucking die for.

I've tried their tacos (Nick's way of course), and their burritos (San Diego or California pls!), but my absolute favorite items on the menu are the most simple ones - I'm talking elote, and chips with salsa and guacamole. l;kjdflkjaslkdfjlkasdf. First of all, I love the fact that they use the traditional cotija cheese on their corn instead of just parmesan. It totally makes a difference. Second, it tastes like they literally make the salsa and guacamole right when you order it. It's so flavorful and fresh. Dude, I'm getting excited just typing about it. But seriously, gimme an elote, some chips and guac, a pitcher of Dos Equis, and some sweet torture that only the SF Giants can bring and I am a very happy girl. It's hands down my favorite sports bar (asides from the ones by the park) to watch the games at.


See you there next season! I'll be the little girl with a beer in hand, black and orange everythang trying to tip toe over the crowd to see the tv screen!

No comments: