Saturday, July 18, 2009

DooWa's Baked Potato Salad

While in Hawaii with the Dubb Fam, me and the bf ate dinner at Duke's and I came across THEE BEST bacon flavored potato salad I have ever tasted in my life. I swear it was so good I could've jumped in the ocean ... if I knew how to swim of course. When I got back, I decided to combine it with my second favorite potato salad from O'Doul's in the city and it was a shmash. I made some just now and just wanted to share the recipe with yall. I can cook, BUT I'm not a cook. There is a difference. However, this recipe is so simple yet delicious, it just can't fail!

Ingredients:
potatoes (small red preferred)
mayonnaise
sour cream
green onion
bacon
salt
pepper

I didn't state how many/much of each ingredient to get/use because I didn't measure anything and did everything according to taste. Plus, I'm a big green onion fan so I'd probably tell yall to use more than necessary. 

Anyway ...

Prep
  • Wash and cut potatoes in half or quarters for faster boiling (I used about 3 lbs)
  • Chop green onion (I used almost an entire bundle)
  • Mince dill. With dill a little goes a long way so I only used about 3 small sprigs
  • Cut bacon into small chunks (I used 6 strips)
Cook
  1. Boil potatoes, add a little bit of salt Stop when they're soft enough to easily stick a fork all the way through one but DON'T overdo it or ur potato salad will turn into mashed potatoes.
  2. Cook bacon until desired consistency. I like mine crispy on the edges but soggy in the middle. Set aside and don't throw away bacon fat.
  3. Drain potatoes and let cool. Then, add the remaining ingredients including the bacon fat. Add salt and pepper to taste, mix, and ur doneson.com

No comments: